Fruit Salad Game
This game is a tag-based game that encourages healthy eating choices.
How to Play
- Discuss with children some of their favourite healthy dishes or individual foods.
- Explain the game:
- One or two children start in the middle as the chefs.
- Other children all line up at the same end of the room.
- Chefs call out a favourite healthy food, dish or meal. They can decide on one together or take turns calling.
- If other children like this meal, dish or food, they have to run to the other end of the room without getting tagged.
- If they get tagged, they become a chef.
- Play until almost everyone is tagged and take turns being the chef.
- After the game discuss foods called with the children.
- If there were any unhealthy foods called, discuss why they are not great healthy choices and why they might be “choose sometimes” foods.
- Ask if there were any meals/foods called that other kids had never tried before.
- See if you can decide on a class favourite healthy food or see what the most popular favourite healthy foods in the class are.
Adapted from Healthy Beginnings 2-5