Online workshop aimed at promoting meal planning and eating well in the early years
What you will learn
This instructor led live interactive workshop will enhance knowledge, skills and confidence in developing meal plans and supporting eating well in childcare settings.
This workshop will help you:
- Understand why the Early Years are an important time for helping children eat well.
- Learn about changing nutritional needs for growth and development.
- Gain knowledge on the Licensing Requirements for providing food.
- Understand textural requirements for feeding infants and toddlers.
- Get to know some important national food guidelines (e.g., Eating Healthy, Canada's Food Guide etc.) and how to apply them.
- Learn how to do meal planning (and receive a tool to help you!).
- Get some ideas to support families with providing meals for their children.
Who should take this workshop?
This workshop is open to early years providers who are interested in learning more about meal planning and eating well in the early years and who want to increase their capacity in this field. The workshops is two (2) hours in length, and count towards professional development credits for early childhood educators.
Sign up for an online workshop
Select a date from the below schedule and sign up on Eventbrite.
The cost of this workshop is $19.00 before tax.