6. CREATE A PHYSICAL SPACE THAT SUPPORTS HEALTHY EATING.
Make your eating area welcoming and suitable for young children.
- Provide a pleasant area for children to sit and eat with child-sized chairs (or booster) and tables, bowls, cups and utensils.
- Ensure that all screens and phones are turned off during eating time.
- Display posters and play materials that support healthy eating (pictures, books, food models, play kitchens, etc.)
- Protect children from seeing food advertising such as on TV and devices, and through games, books, and toys.