8. COMMUNICATE REGULARLY WITH FAMILIES AND SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT FOOD AND HEALTHY EATING.
Build relationships with families. Frequent communication and information sharing supports a consistent approach to food choices and feeding practices in all settings.
BRITISH COLUMBIA CHILD CARE Licensing REGULATION:
- Make available to parents information on the food and drink given to children.
- Invite families to eat with their children on site at celebration meals and snacks and other food activities.
- Celebrate and share foods from different cultures.
- Help families learn about feeding children and healthy eating by inviting a registered dietitian to speak or giving written information.
- Direct families to credible provincial or local health authority websites (e.g. HealthLinkBC) and local food programs.