Young children can easily choke on food and everyday objects. You can help prevent children from choking by offering the right kinds of foods and watching for choking hazards. Learn more about choking prevention in the HealthLinkBC Health File: Preventing choking in Babies and Young Children: For Child Care Providers. You will find information about:
- What is choking?
- What do I do if a child chokes?
- What are common causes of choking in children?
- How can I make playing safer for a child?
- How can I make eating safer for a child?
- How can I be prepared to help a child if they choke?