Sunshine and Snowflake Tag
Vigorous play, developing body control and spatial awareness; cooperative play.
- Have one or two children as taggers (snowflakes) and one or two children who melt the snowflakes (sunshine).
- Snowflakes move around and tag other children with the snowball (blue ball of yarn).
- Children tagged by the snowball are frozen and stand still.
- Children who are sunshine move around and melt the frozen children by tagging them with the sun (yellow ball of yarn). Snowflakes cannot freeze sunshine.
- Once unfrozen, the children are free to play again.
- Change the sunshine and snowflakes often. Think of fun ways to select new taggers such as the children choosing someone else or selecting someone who comes up with the most creative balance pose.
This activity also develops skills in the following areas: Running, balance, spatial awareness, collision avoidance.
Adapted from HOP