1. PROVIDE FACILITATED AND UNSTRUCTURED PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND OUTDOOR PLAY EVERYDAY.
Provide a minimum of 120 minutes of facilitated and unstructured physical activity throughout the day. Provide at least 60 minutes of outdoor play each day.
The daily routine should provide a variety of facilitated activities and free play that supports optimal physical growth and development.
BRITISH COLUMBIA CHILD CARE LICENSING REGULATION:
- Whenever possible, it is recommended active play and physical movement should be incorporated in the child care environment throughout daily routines and activities for a total of 120 minutes.
- Children must go outdoors daily (at least 60 minutes for full day programs).
- Include daily facilitated (adult led) and unstructured activities supported by physical activity equipment.
- Plan outdoor active play time across a variety of settings (backyard, playground, park etc) and include active transportation (e.g. walking to park) where possible.