Vegetable Show and Tell
This activity will expose children to a wide variety of vegetables and fruit and introduce them to what other children in their group are eating.
Vegetables brought from home
Several different vegetables
How to Play
- Ask children to bring a vegetable from home. They can also name a vegetable that their family enjoys eating at home.
- Leaders begin by sharing a vegetable that they have brought from home.
- Describe what it tastes like.
- Describe where it comes from in the world.
- Describe how it can be prepared.
- Children each take a turn sharing their vegetable.
- Prepare and serve the vegetable for snack or lunch.
Adapted from Healthy After Schools