2. MAKE WATER AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
Healthy and active children need to drink regularly.
BRITISH COLUMBIA CHILD CARE LICENSING LICENSING REGULATION:
- Safe drinking water is available to children. heart
- Offer water as the best choice to satisfy thirst.
- Offer water any time a child is thirsty.
- A child can be offered small amounts of water in a cup starting at six months.
- Offering fruit juice is not recommended. However, if a child has juice provided from home it can be consumed.
- Sugary drinks are not recommended for children. These drinks include: iced tea, fruit juice, soft drinks, energy drinks, sports drinks, fruit-flavoured drinks and punches, flavoured waters with added sugars, sweetened milks like chocolate milk and sweetened plant-based beverages.