Predator and prey
one small ball
one large ball
How to Play
- Organize the children into a circle, either standing or sitting.
- Start the small ball being passed around the circle and tell a story about how this is a small or prey animal (like a mouse, gazelle or salmon).
- Then start the larger ball moving around the circle and tell the children how this is a large animal or predator (like a cat, lion or orca).
- When both balls are moving, give a signal such as ‘Go!’ and the larger ball will try to catch up to the smaller ball.
- The balls need to be passed to the next person in the circle in order to move around, and if it is passed across the circle it will return to the person that rolled it.
Source – Adapted from ‘Have a ball together’. Adaptations by Chris Wright