Books that Move and Groove!
Books are a great way to have movement ideas in the palm of your hand. Through some creative thinking, many books can be adapted to invite movement. For example, any book that mentions animals can become a movement activity book by encouraging your child to move how they think that animal might. The same can be said for vehicles or dinosaurs!
However, some books come with an invitation to move right in the words and pictures in them. Below are some books to add to your book shelf or loan from the library to turn story time in to play time!
- Frogs Legs: A Picture Book of Action Verse – George Shannon
- Wiggle Waggle – Jonathon London
- Clap Your Hands – Lorinda Cauley
- Shake My Sillies Out – Raffi
- (Combine with the song for extra fun!)
- Barnyard Dance! – Sandra Boynton
- Move! – Lolly Hopwood, YoYo Kusters,
- Yoga Bug: Simple Poses for Little Ones – Sarah Jane Hinder