Invitation to Play - Balance
Balance is a key component of many movement skills, and is something that needs to consistently be developed and maintained. Using balance as the theme of an invitation to play can be both a gross motor and fine motor skill activity:
- Place items that are unstable or uneven around the space. This can be specific balance equipment like a balance board or another item such as a plank of wood with a bean bag underneath.
- Use juggling scarves as ‘ice skates’ by standing on them and slipping and sliding your feet
- Create ‘stilts’ using small buckets and rope.
- Stack blocks from largest to smallest
- Place any larger item on top of any smaller item
- Place objects on top of another person and see how many you can get on them