Best-Ever Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, margarine, and brown sugar. Fold in flour mixture. Stir in oats, bran cereal, and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonful (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for seven to nine minutes or until just crisp. Let cool on baking sheets on a wire rack for five minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
Tip: When using margarine, choose a non-hydrogenated version to limit consumption of trans fats.
Note: Childcare facilities with 8 or more children should check with their Licensing Officer about what is needed to serve food.
Recipe taken from Bake Better Bites