These muffins are packed with protein and vegetables and make a convenient, nutritious snack or addition to a meal. Get children involved by having them layer the veggies in the muffin cups and sprinkle the cheese on top. Have an adult pour the egg mixture as it’s easy to overfill the cups.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tin or line with silicone cups.
2. Layer vegetables of choice, starting with grated potato/yam.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings and pour slowly over veggies.
4. Top with grated cheese.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until muffins are light brown, puffy and the eggs are set.
6. Let muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from muffin pan. Loosen gently with knife. Eat immediately or let cool. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
Source: Nicole Fetterly, RD
Childcare facilities with 8+ children should check with their Licensing Officer about what is needed to serve food.