Let's Make Ribbons
- 1-3 metres (3-9 feet) of ribbon or surveyor's tape (i.e. depending on the size of the child)
- a canning ring, a hair elastic, or a lid from a yogurt container with the middle cut out.
Tie the ribbon to the canning ring, hair elastic or lid.
harder to make
- 20-30 cm (9-14 inch) length of 15 mm (3/4 inch) wooden dowel rod
- 1-3 metres (3-9 feet) of ribbon (i.e. depending on the size of the child)
- 1 eye bolt
- fishing line snap swivel ( Note: number 12 size works well)
1. Drill a hole down into the end of the dowel.
2. Screw the eye bolt into the drilled hole.
3. Attach the snap swivel to the eye bolt.
4. Fold the ribbon in half and feed it through the end of the swivel.
5. Tie a knot in the ribbon to secure it to the swivel.
Adapted from HOP Healthy Opportunities for Preschoolers