Locomotor skills, inhibition control and listening
Bells for each child
How to Play
- Explain to the children that you are going on safari to see different animals hiding in the space.
- Point out where animals may be hiding (a giraffe behind the tree, an elephant behind a bush etc).
- Let the children know that they need to move very quietly so they do not startle the animals, and their bells should not make any noise.
- As you move closer to the spot where the animal is hiding, shout “oh no it ran away!”.
- When you do this, the children can run around for 1 minute wherever they like and ring their bells as much as possible.
- Then repeat with a different animal.