7. EDUCATE STAFF TO MODEL AND PROMOTE HEALTHY EATING HABITS.
Staff are important role models. You can affect children’s attitudes about food and nutrition through your own behaviours and actions with food.
- Make time for staff to eat together with the children and have staff model healthy food choices.
- Support training for staff on how to feed children, and how to facilitate food exploration activities using real food.
- Use food themes as part of your curriculum. Include cooking, crafts, music, games, field trips, gardening, toys, books and additional resources.
- Talk about food and eating as opportunities arise during the day.
- Choose fundraising activities that promote health or use non-food items.