7. EDUCATE STAFF TO MODEL AND PROMOTE POSITIVE HABITS.
Staff are important role models. You can affect children’s attitudes about food and nutrition through your own behaviours and actions with food.
- Make time for staff to eat together with the children and have staff model healthy food choices.
- Support training for staff on how to feed children, and how to facilitate food exploration activities using real food.
- Use food themes as part of your curriculum. Include cooking, crafts, music, games, field trips, gardening, toys, books and additional resources.
- Talk about food and eating as opportunities arise during the day.
- Choose fundraising activities that promote health or use non-food items.