10-12 servings (1/2 cup servings each)
Apples (any variety)
1 cup (250 mL)
1 tsp. (5 mL)
- Wash and dry the apples, then peel.
- Chop apples into bite-size pieces. Remove core and seeds.
- Place chopped apples, water, lemon juice and cinnamon in a large pot
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Heat on medium-high until mixture comes to a boil. Stir frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until apples are very soft and mushy, stirring every few minutes for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off stove and remove from heat. Stir to cool or refrigerate.
Optional: Add raisins or rhubarb (in season). Serve with plain yogurt.
Recipe taken from Healthy After Schools
Note: Childcare facilities with 8+ children should check with their Licensing Officer about what is needed to serve food